Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 28, 2023

Human Is ... Science Fiction?🦠🔬

I listened recently to two podcasts about the PKD short story 'Human Is' as well as watched the 'Electric Dreams' episode 'Human Is' on a free uploaded You Tube someone has had up for a year.
It was good to see Bryan Cranston playing the husband in the TV episode, not to mention fellow Aussie Essie Davis playing his wife -
Bryan Cranston: Drive, Speed, Breaking Bad ... and the Last Book I Read ...?
Electric Dreams TV Series (20172018)
I've also been watching an interesting lecture series on 'The Great Courses' streaming service about sci-fi called 'How Great Science Fiction Works' given by Gary. K. Wolfe, who also co-hosts a podcast about sci-fi called the '
Coode Street Podcast'.
I've only listened to the last episode of those 637 podcast episodes, so far.
Professor Gary K. Wolfe, Ph.D.
I'm about halfway through the lecture series right now and so far, I'm finding it interesting viewing.
Not that I can see myself becoming much of a fan of reading sci-fi for fun, as the novels I have been reading of PKD's are about as much fun as having dental surgery, and that's not including the drugs that go with it:-)
I've also just been watching Essie Davis in the new series 'Faraway Downs' on Disney Plus, which was mainly filmed as 'Australia' back in 2008.
Faraway Downs/Australia?🌏🐮🤠
Series based on the 'Alien' film franchise
I'm also working my way through the 'Dickheads' podcast where 3 self-professed PKD fans act like the 3 Stooges of the sci-fi world, hitting each other with insults instead of weapons and fists:-)
I'm up to 'The Impossible Planet - Story Vs. Film' episode and they haven't killed each other yet surprisingly:-)
And as much as I'm interested in PKD as a pop cultural study, I can't say I'm much of a fan of his writings that I have read of his so far.
Total DickHeads?💭🎥📕

No comments:

Post a Comment