Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 29, 2023

The White Platypus/Little River Band Synch?🐇🏊🐰

I saw
a news story this month about a white platypus being spotted in a river in northern New South Wales, which got me to thinking how The Little River Band used the platypus on some of their record covers.
Discovery of an extremely rare white
platypus in Northern NSW
So, I did a search on the net for LRB covers and found a record of theirs called 'The Definitive Collection', which was a best of album with a lot of songs of theirs I really liked.
I was thinking about buying the CD over the net for $20, but then let it slip from my mind.
Then the next day at the Op Shop I work at part time, a guy bought in a shoe box of his old CDs as a donation and as I was sorting through them, there it was, 'The Definitive Collection'.
So, I bought it for $1.
The Definitive Collection (Little River Band album)
Formed in 1975, the
Year of the Rabbit/Cat?
"As we passed the Little River exit sign, [Shorrock] said "Little River, that'd be a good song title." Within a split second he said, "Hey, what about Little River Band?" We all agreed it was the perfect name for us."
Of course, this white platypus thing would have to happen in 2023, the Year of the Water Rabbit, wouldn't it?-)
The CD I bought from the Op Shop >:-) 
2023, the Year of the Rabbit ... or the Cat?🐇😻

UPDATE: November 29th, 2023
Investigation launched after woman’s
body found on
South Coast beach
Just minutes after I put this post up on the net, I read this breaking news story above about a drowning in southern New South Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment