Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 11, 2023

This Jungian Life ... and "Social Media"?🍔🍟

I listened to the latest 'This Jungian Life' podcast episode last night, featuring an interview with Aaron Balick, a Freudian analyst I take it from the interactions between the Jungian analysts who invited Aaron onto their show.
What's Unique About Jungian Analysis?
Speaker | Author | Psychotherapist
I found this episode interesting even though I'm not into shrinks and their theories so much, as I'm more interested in Jung and his theories and writings about synchronicity and the woo-woo side of life.
As for Freud, he can shove his theories up his ass for all I care;-) 
As I'm not a fan of his shit:-)
Tame Your Anxieties, Face
Your Fears, and
Live Free
And as for "social media" I closed my Facebook account years ago, then closed my Twitter account long before it became my X:-)
And I've never bothered signing up with Instagram.
Not Kosher?
I found it amusing how Aaron (who I assume is in some way Jewish) gives the analogy of eating a Bacon Double Cheeseburger in that latest 'This Jungian Life' podcast episode at around the 23-minute mark.
Being part Jewish myself from my father's father's side of the family (and a little bit from my mum's side), I couldn't help but think when I heard Aaron say how much he likes eating those burgers just how un-kosher that was.
I don't observe kosher laws myself, but I've avoided eating pig from my teenage years till this very day in a shout out to my Jewish roots, even though nobody in my immediate family does.
My youngest son will often order some pork meal and jokingly offer me some if we are out eating in a fast-food joint, knowing full well that I don't eat it and why.
If I was to order a Bacon Double Cheeseburger I'd have to tell them to hold the bacon:-)
Ironically, today in my part of the world
(Australia) is Remembrance Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment