Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 4, 2023

Now And Then is So Yesterday? ♯⏺℗

I can't say I'm a fan of the "new" AI Beatles song released the day before yesterday ... or was it yesterday (November 3rd) in Australia?
Released 2 November 2023
I agree with Dan Condon in his quote about the song below.
Obviously by the title of my blog John Lennon was my favourite Beatle and there is no bringing back yesterday, even if Paul is filling stadiums in Australia now ... and then, including two in my home state of Queensland this year.

2 comments:

  1. Today I met the neighbours while I was around town and they mentioned this song was just out, and I thought that I'd better check it out. And then when I went to search for it I thought I wanted to have a look at the lyrics before listening. I read the lyrics and...
    It's fake.
    Don't ask me how it's even possible to decide if there was an actual Lennon demo tape with those lyrics by just reading them. I mean, it isn't as if there is much to the lyrics, they're so simple anybody might have come up with that, so why not John Lennon?
    He didn't.
    All I can say is, I'm sure the same way I was sure one day I saw a gate to a driveway. And that was true, so... I'm trusting my heart on this one, too.
    I'm not listening to the song. I'm sure the surviving Beatles have their reasons. But count me in with the fans that say: "you can't do that".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say it was "Fake" Maria, I just think it was an old demo song that wasn't good enough to make it on to the album they were recording it for and old "Lord of the Rings" Peter Jackson may have stumbled across it in the archives while making his Beatles doco and blew the dust of it and tweaked it for the record company to make the cash registers (or internet credit card money EFTPOS machines) ring.

    ReplyDelete