Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 16, 2023

Synchronicity Can be Nuts ... or Peanuts ... Sometimes?🥜😋🥑

My Aussie avocados and Aussie Kingaroy peanuts
After watching the movie
'The Killers of the Flower Moon' at the cinema recently and watching 'The Great Courses' lecture series 'Native Peoples of North America' I was craving some locally grown peanuts from my home Australian state of Queensland from our Aussie  peanut capital of the town of Kingaroy.
I kept thinking to myself to try and find some Kingaroy peanuts in my local supermarket, but I would always forget when I went shopping.
Killers of the Flower Moon and The Columbian Exchange?🍿🥔🍟
Then I met up with my sister for a family lunch at a restaurant in her suburb and she had a packet of Kingaroy peanuts to give to my mother, who then asked me later if I wanted them.
I had never told my mother or my sister about my quest for a bag of Kingaroy peanuts, so this exchange blew my mind, as I have never quested after peanuts, never mind peanuts from Kingaroy.
Mum even gave me some locally grown avocados.
Native Peoples of North America
I couldn't help but think about the Columbian exchange I had just learnt about and how many of those things that were exchanged between the Americas and Africa/Europe/Asia that are now grown or bred in my home country of Australia.
I even bought three cobs of locally grown sweet corn from my local supermarket that weekend and what a sweet feast I had all because of the Columbian exchange, which happened centuries ago.
To a modern day Australian like me, I'm amazed at the amount of food we produce here now because of that 
Columbian exchange from centuries past -
Faraway Downs/Australia?🌏🐮🤠
But what got my attention when watching the You Tube above about the history of peanuts, was their potential to fight Alzheimer's disease, which my father and a lot of his brothers and sisters died of ... or are dying of -
Dan Aykroyd on the Joe Rogan Podcast on September 13th?
"The origin of the name Kingaroy is usually claimed to be derived from the Wakka Wakka Aboriginal word for 'Red Ant'. The local Kingaroy Rugby League football team is known as "the Red Ants" and a Red Ant features on the old Kingaroy Shire coat of arms. A Wakka Wakka Word List provides the following explanation: "Derived from 'king', a small black ant, and 'dhu'roi', meaning hungry
The name was suggested by a local Aboriginal helper of the surveyor, Hector Munro, who surveyed the original grazing holding of this name, on account of these ants being a pest at the survey camp.""
The Man Who Drove With His Eyes Closed (Part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment