Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 12, 2023

Faraway Downs/Australia?🌏🐮🤠

I only watched 'Australia' last week on Disney+ for the first time since I saw it at the cinema in 2008, when I was on a Bryan Brown movie/TV show binge, because I had tickets to his Avid Reader book talk for his book 'The Drowning' (which I'm still yet to read).
Bryan plays a cattle baron named King Carney who wants to buy Nicole Kidman's character's cattle property off her, which I find ironic considering that Sidney Kidman was Australia's biggest cattle baron back around that time.
S KIDMAN & Co has been synonymous with
Australia’s pastoral and beef industries for 120 years
Bryan Brown (right) from my POV
Bryan Brown at Avid Reader last week
Now I see that Baz Luhrmann has added extra footage not used for the movie 'Australia' and turned the movie into a series called 'Faraway Downs' to screen on Disney+ at the end of November 2023.
What, Exactly, is Faraway Downs?
I wonder if Baz was anticipating a YES result in the latest Australian referendum, instead of a big NO?
Once Upon a Time ... in 5 Degrees of Chanel and Charles Manson?

No comments:

Post a Comment