Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 24, 2011

Be Here Now ... Again?

Be Here Now by Ram Dass (born Richard Alpert on April 6, 1931) is one book that I have never been able to clear from my bookcase.
I've read it a number of times over the years, gotten rid of it ... and then repurchased it again, and again (3 times now).
It's one of those books that I love and hate, at the same time.
Some of it is really good, some of it is mediocre, and some of it is just bad (a lot like real life, I guess;-)
I don't know what it is that really appeals to me about this book.
Whether it's just the cover ... the cover features a Mandala incorporating the title, a chair, radial lines, and the word "remember" ... or whether it's just his whole adventure and philosophy, that he covers in his book (not that I'm into Gurus, most of them are just con-men in my opinion, although there probably are a few genuine ones around) ...or maybe it's something more subconscious in me that connects with it ... or all of the above.
Either way, Be Here Now is a book that will always remain on my bookshelf, because even when I give it away, I just end up buying another one.
It's a book that just seems to have to be with me now;-)
Richard Alpert AKA Ram Dass
Me taking a photo of me,
in the center of a reflective ripple

No comments:

Post a Comment