Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 30, 2011

Seeing Sun Kachinas

I've been seeing Sun Kachinas everywhere, since I wrote this post on my blog a while back  
Synchronicity Happens: Part 1
Even on  the cover of one of the current books that I'm juggling in front of my eyes, The Man Who Drove With His Eyes Closed, there is one.
When I looked up what they are meant to symbolize, I found the following,
"Tawa or sun kachina seen here is a symbol of life, growth, strength of spirit, and abundance. The likeness of this spirit is donned during the solstice ceremony to beckon the sun's return, and begin the growing season."
What I particularly like about the image, is how the left and right hemispheres of the brain are two separate colours, and the image right at the top of this post is almost a yin/yang type symbol, combining left/right hemispheres of the brain, to make a creative whole in the head, so to speak;-)
This image of the Sun Katchina seems to be playing a very central role in my subconscious at the moment, for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment