Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 3, 2011

Goldfish, Mayfies (and Dragonflies) and Sacred Kingfishers

A few of my fishy things
Over at Synchrosecrets there is a post called  
Animals as Creative Motifs, and it got me to thinking about the animals that I've been relating to, in an almost spiritual way.
And as I look around my computer room, I would have to say goldfish and mayflies/Dragonflies are really big on my subconscious engender ... not to mention
'Sacred Kingfishers' crashing the party, as well.
The Sacred Kingfisher sticker on my front window
The magnets stuck on my fridge, some made by me
But I think that when it comes down to consistency over the course of a lifetime it would be either the crow ...  or the cat
I like crows, too
My cat calendar and Wabi-Sabi book
But just ...
But if you have to, it would probably be because with goldfish, I like the idea of just floating and watching life through my goldfish bowl (head) ... might have something to do with an OBE I had around 12 years old.
With mayflies it would be because they are said to live for only about one day in the adult stage, so it's a reminder to me that there are no guarantees in this life, and just maybe today is the last one ... who knows? 
So, make the most of it.
The crow, I just love as an animal in its own right, because they just seem so intelligent to me.
I know a lot of people don't like them, but I find them a good omen on a lot of occasions.
And cats, well I just think that they are one of the most elegant and spiritual creatures on the planet ... when they're not torturing mice or goldfish, that is;-)  
That says it all, really
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.  
I'm reading The Twelfth Insight at the moment, and on the flip side, as well as the front of the page, that I am using as a bookmark, from the Shambhala book leaflet, are goldfish.
(Click on pic for a better view)

2 comments:

  1. The Eagle keeps coming up in spiritual messages for me, but I didn't seek it necessarily. I also have an affinity with Owls, Kookaburras , Crows and Rainbow Lorikeets.
    If I doodle, I tend to draw starfish, snails and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thunderbirds keep coming up for me,but since they are considered to be more of a mythical creature,I thought that I wouldn't mention it here.I've mentioned it in previous posts,anyway.
    My wife,and mother-in-law have gone butterfly crazy.Every time I turn around,there's another bloody butterfly in the house,like the one on my father-in-law's picture,to the right.
    I keep saying how about putting the odd caterpillar around the house,to even things up.-)

    ReplyDelete