Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 5, 2011

Podcast #21: Being Psychic by Steve and Erin Pavlina. Well Worth a Listen in my Opinion

 I came across a pod-cast at Steve's site 
http://www.stevepavlina.com/audio/ while listening to his motivation pod-casts.
I was going to skip over this one,but I'm glad that I didn't.
Here's a direct link to the pod-cast;
http://www.stevepavlina.com/podcasts/Pavlina-021-Being-Psychic.mp3, 
and I was stunned that they had had astral projection experiences similar to the one I had around 12 years of age (mine was an 'accident' though).
I think Steve's wife Erin, is the real deal ... but you make up your own mind.
Erin Pavlina
 Here's what the pod-cast is about in their own words:
"In this podcast we discuss psychic development and psychic skills in great depth. At almost 96 minutes, this is the longest podcast we’ve ever done. 
We didn’t originally intend to make it so long, but we got on a roll and covered many interesting topics that readers frequently ask us about.
Topics discussed in this podcast include (not necessarily in order):
  • Story of how Erin developed her psychic skills from a young age
  • Lucid dreaming
  • Astral projection
  • How Erin made the shift to doing professional psychic readings
  • Erin’s Criss Angel story
  • Lessons from 1000+ professional readings
  • Skeptics, skepticism, disbelief, and reading for skeptics vs. believers
  • Psychic junkies
  • The role of free will
  • Spirit guides, angels, and humans who’ve crossed over
  • What happens when you die? What is it like on the other side?
  • Distinguishing genuine psychic impressions from emotions and imagination
  • Why charge money for readings? Why not do them for free?
  • How to price your readings when you read professionally
  • What happens during a psychic reading? How does it work?
  • Why do different people get such different readings?
  • Chakras
  • Do psychics predict the future?
  • Difference between a psychic and a medium
  • How to develop your own psychic/intuitive skills
  • How personal development continues after you die
Aside from jotting down a short list of topics to address, this was totally unscripted. 
We’re both very candid and share many stories about our personal experiences. 
I also toss in a few of my own theories about how various psychic phenomena work. 
If you’re curious about any of the the topics above, I think you’ll learn a lot from this exploration of psychic development, regardless of how skeptical you may be."

I found it all quite fascinating ... not that I agree with everything said ... but I do feel most of it rings true for me.
If you would like to read/hear/see more from Erin Pavlina.
Here are her websites;
http://www.erinpavlina.com/index.htm
http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/
 I particularly liked this post on her blog, that she put up this month, called "Are You Trading Your Soul for a Paycheck?".
The Universe just keeps whacking me over the head with this topic;-)
http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2011/04/are-you-trading-your-soul-for-a-paycheck/ 
Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Daz - the classic on OBEs - robert monroe's book journeys out of the body. It doesn't get any clearer than this book. He gives you the how to do its. It's personal, dramatic. You'll love it, if you haven't read it already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brizdaz....thanks for all the links. I've actually been a follower of Steve Pavlina's motivational site for some time now...and had no idea there was a pod cast or that Erin had a site...so thanks a heap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Trish.
    I know about Monroe,but I haven't read his books.
    I don't really have any desire to repeat the experience,not that it was scary.All I could think at the time was,how do I get back in,and do I really look like that from behind.
    If anything,it confirmed to me from then on,that some conscious part of me (the same me that is writing and thinking here)was quite capable of surviving the death of that body.
    It hasn't happened again,since that day,nor have I tried to do it consciously,since that day.I've never even discussed this with my family,because I'm sure they would just think that I was nuts,and I wouldn't blame them...if it didn't happen to me.But if somebody starts to question their sanity,because this has happened to them.I'll chime in and tell them,"well if you're nuts,then so am I".

    ReplyDelete
  4. MG,
    I only listened to that particular pod-cast yesterday,but I nearly bypassed it (seeing how long it was,compared to the others),but I vowed to myself that I was going to listen to them all,and so I have.I just have one more to go and that's No.23 "Life, the Universe, and Everything"

    They are all pretty good to listen to,in my opinion.
    Cheers / Daz

    ReplyDelete