Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 25, 2016

24 World Pieces into One Peace?

Jake Kotze's piece,

 'Life is a movie'

I wrote about buying a 24-piece world jigsaw puzzle in this post from May -
Pop Culture and Synchronicity on the Road
I tried putting it together a while back but got frustrated and put it away for later.
Today I found it in a drawer and decided I was going to put all of the 24 pieces together, which I eventually did.
I like the idea of a 24-piece world puzzle because of the 24 hour time zone analogy, but the world is a far more complicated puzzle than any person on this planet can imagine, I think.
Next puzzle I'm going to attempt is the 'grain of sand' puzzle and see what that looks like in the palm of my hand:-)

UPDATE: 26th, October, 2016
This morning, I was reading a passage from M.L. Stedman's book, 'The Light Between Oceans', where Tom is contemplating the life of his unborn child, raising the child in a lighthouse and the power of the ocean.
I'm also working on a post at the moment about the movie, 'In the Heart of the Sea' and the Killer Whale museum in EdenOld Tom and whales.
But I got up this morning to write another post about the Kiama blow hole, the lighthouse there and the power of the sea and saw that the Google doodle for today has a whale blowing water from its blowhole and that the doodle is about World Children's Day, not only that but in the video the Wikipedia world jig-saw puzzle is shown, which got me to thinking about my world jig-saw puzzle which I had written about above -
Blowholes, Shipwrecks and Hearts in the Sea
Hmm ... how many coincidences can happen in one morning?
Lots it would seem, as I just saw that one of the victims from the Dreamworld 'Thunder Rapids' ride was named Kate GOODCHILD and today in Australia is 'World Children's Day'
Dreamworld: Names of three victims revealed as AWU says theme park owner warned of safety concerns
Not only that, but the two big theme parks on the Gold Coast are Dreamworld and Warner Brother's Movieworld.
They are literally down the road from one another and Chris Hemsworth (who I'm writing about in the Eden post I'm working on) is playing Thor the god of thunder in the latest Thor movie now being filmed at the Movieworld studios just down the road from Dreamworld.
And what was the name of the ride that killed four people at Dreamworld yesterday?
The 'Thunder River Rapids Ride'
Jake is right in saying that 'life is like a movie', but sometimes it's no Disney movie, it's a horror movie, that no Hollywood scriptwriter could ever dream up
Everyone in my family has been on that Dreamworld ride many times and to think something like this could happen on a 'family ride' is just chilling. 
Ironically, that old Skyhooks song above called, 'Horror Movie' was filmed at an Australian amusement park, and the lead singer would die some years later in a freak helicopter accident in Queensland, the same Australian state that Dreamworld is located in
I wrote about this song and the Skyhooks lead singer's death in this old post earlier this year -
Molly: Music, Memories and Memes
This world is one weird trip that gets weirder everyday. 

Update: 27th October, 2016
And on the subject of real life horror movies.
The sign was defaced by a man wielding
 a sledgehammer and a pick-axe.
Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame vandalised
Donald Trump masks a sellout for Halloween celebrations across Australia
Sometimes I don't know whether life is a horror movie, a comedy, or both
Happy Hillaryious Halloween;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment