Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 11, 2016

Rune Soup: Talking Indigenous UFO Encounters with Dr Ardy Sixkiller-Clarke

This one nearly slipped by me, as I was on the road when this interview was uploaded, but I found it on the Rune Soup blog this morning and I liked it, so I thought I would re-post the interview here for readers who might not be familiar with the great interviews Gordo is doing in The Soup
The image at the top of this post was of one of my favourite paintings that used to hang in the Nimbin museum, before a fire burnt the whole place down.
Fire guts Nimbin Museum and Rainbow Cafe in counterculture capital
The Nimbim Museum going up in flames
  
with my favourite painting, too?
I've not had an encounter with a UFO that I know of, and I'm not really much into the whole UFO culture, but when I hear indigenous culture's reports of star-people my ears prick up, because I really like shamanic encounter stories from these cultures, and these reports are kind of a grey area between the two, which I feel are important stories to listen to.

I would love hearing these kinds of encounters from Australian indigenous people, because there's no place like home to me. 
My desk probably makes me look
 like a practitioner of voodoo:-)
I did buy a blue alien sculpture from the USA a few years back from a lady who claims to be someone who has had encounters with aliens, which sits to the right of my computer screen.

I have to confess that there is something about this image that really resonates with me on some subconscious level that I truly don't understand, and I really have grown fond of this work of art.
A scene from the movie 'Avatar'
Whenever I hear stories about blue skinned aliens, I tend to think of them as more real on some level then when I hear about "greys".

Probably why I liked the movie 'Avatar' so much when it came out at the cinema?
And why I like Hindu blue skinned figures, as well?
I had not heard of Ardy Sixkiller Clarke until listening to her on Gordon's show, but I'm going to get a few of her books to read through now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment