Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 7, 2016

Room 216: Chasing the Big Fish

When I was in Sydney I had listened to and written a post about David Charles Plate's talk where he discusses the numbers 216 and 237 and I think he mentioned 217, as well, in that talk -
CLIMBING THE TREE OF LIFE – 
DAVID CHARLES PLATE
I left Sydney and checked into my motel room in Canberra and was given the room number 216.
I did not request this room number; in fact, I had no idea they even had a room 216.
But to my surprise there was even a room 217 across the hall from my room and a room 237 on the same level down the hall and around the corner from my room. 
The Doors?
The weird thing is though that my whole mission on my road trip was to follow the team of big fish (The Sharks) and watch them capture a premiership trophy that has alluded them since the club joined the NRL competition nearly 50 years ago.
Friday the 23rd of September was my birthday BTW
David says in his talk that the number 216 is associated with big fish.

The Sync Book
The extra weird thing was that my team (The Sharks) would win their first ever premiership trophy by the end of the week in the year 2016:-)
And there was even a tree which would come to life outside my motel window every morning with the sound of currawong calls.
The Tree of Life?
The tree full of currawongs singing outside my motel room
Not only did the Sharks win the grand final but they had to beat 
The Storm (777?) to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment