Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 23, 2016

Kooza and the Spirit of Shamanism

Currawongs in a tree outside my
motel room in Canberra, 2016
 I'm working on a post about the Cirque du Solei show Kooza, which I saw in September almost by "accident" and its Shamanic/Magical themes (that talk to me anyway) and I came across a You Tube clip in a sidebar as I was looking for videos of the Kooza show.
Outside the Kooza tent in Sydney,
September 22nd, 2016
2016?!
My Canberra motel room keycard, #2(0)16?
This clip was titled, "Your Unique Gift To The World/Align With It - Teachings of Shaman Tree ~ lomakayu" and it ran for 20:16, which of course makes up the numbers for this year - 2016.

Room 216: Chasing the Big Fish
As soon as I saw the tree behind this shaman it immediately reminded me of the tree outside my motel room in Canberra and the currawongs, which looked to me a lot like crows, but sounded nothing like them.
Being from the subtropical Australian state of Queensland I'm not used to having a real winter where trees lose their leaves like most of the trees in Canberra do, so to me it was amusing seeing these skeletal trees, which looked dead (but weren't) and were full of strange birds each morning singing a song not familiar to my ears, because of where I come from.   
A currawong in a tree outside the
National Film and Sound archive in Canberra
Currawongs on the footpath outside the
National Film and Sound archive in Canberra
That talk by the shaman in that video above really wove together a lot of what that tree full of birds outside my motel room in Canberra and seeing the show Kooza in Sydney a few days before meant to me, so I decided to write this standalone post to highlight that video connection to the tree and birds that were telling me the same thing as the shaman in the video is expressing. 

We are all fools on a journey through this world of life/death ... and beyond.  
"Take me to where the wind begins"
Home is where the heart is ... and there is no place like home;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment