Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 8, 2023

The Devils?🔥

I found a trinket of the WB cartoon character TAZ the Tasmanian Devil in a shopping carpark as I stepped out of my car last Thursday when I had been thinking about whether I should read/listen to Dostoevsky's novel Demons (sometimes also called The Possessed or The Devils) as my next book, since I had planned on watching the BBC TV series 'Middlemarch' before listening to the book, but the DVD I ordered won't be arriving until the middle of March, funnily enough:-)
So, I was contemplating on reading 'The Devils' in the meantime.
Finding the trinket was a nod to me that I should, so I took the trinket home and hung it on a hook above my computer, as a reminder to listen to the novel if I could find a good recording of it, which it turns out I couldn't ... at least not for free, unless I count a 3-part BBC radio series, which is good, but not really the novel being read to me.
My TAZ trinket hanging from my desk:-P
Then I saw a news story on Thursday night about Tasmanian Devils, which reminded me of some old posts I wrote about the Tassie Devils -
Tasmanian Souvenirs and Touchstones

4 comments:

  1. If you get the chance, watch The Consultant on prime, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That show premiered on my late big brother's birthday of February 24th, oddly enough, which is the day Putin invaded the Ukraine in 2022, too.

      Delete
  2. I've got Amazon Prime, so I'll have to give it a viewing Trish.
    I've not heard of the show before you mentioned it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just watched the trailer on You Tube Trish and I'm in.
      Cheers.

      Delete