Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 31, 2023

George Eliot's Middlemarch?🐘

I just finished listening to
George Eliot's novel 'Middlemarch' after having watched the 1994 BBC TV series on DVD and can say I enjoyed both.
What's a Bloke Like George Eliot Got to Do with International Women's Day?📚🐇
I think I'm more intrigued and impressed with the semi-fictious story of Mary Ann Cross (AKA George Eliot/Mary Ann Evans) who seems to have put a lot of her own life story and thoughts into her fictional stories like 'Middlemarch' and 'The Mill on the Floss'.
Coincidences in the Novel and Other Books?📖📚🐰
Middlemarch TV Mini Series (1994)
I've listened to some 'IDEAS' podcasts recently about the novel 'Middlemarch' and 'Picturing the Past' that are well worth a listen to, I think.
The town of Stamford where the BBC filmed the TV series
Middlemarch is a fictious English town, but is said to be based on Coventry, where Mary Ann Evans grew up in and around.
The Coventry City Flag
Coventry is a very interesting city, I think.
David Icke
The ELEPHANT in the room (Coventry)?-)
Cloud Atlas: Everything is Connected?
As a young soccer player in my pre-teen years, I used to own and wear the blue, black and white Coventry City strip to soccer training, as it resembled the colours of my favourite Australian Rugby League team the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks.
My English neighbours bought me back the strip from a trip to England after I gave them some hard earned money of mine and asked them to get me the home kit of Coventry City.
My young teammates would wear their favourite English team's kit (or parts of it) to soccer training.
Teams I didn't like, like Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc.
I liked going for underdog teams like Coventry, so the coincidence that their jersey matched my favourite Rugby League team's colours swayed me to go for them.  
I never had any ties to Coventry though and can't remember why I drifted away from them being my team (probably relegation to the minor leagues, which we in Australia couldn't watch or easily follow)
Over the years I eventually settled on going for Tottenham (Spurs), as I figured if I ever moved to England I'd probably go to London, so I picked my favourite London club to follow.
I've still never been to England ... and looks like I may never will in this lifetime, the way the years are now flying by in my life.
I wouldn't mind visiting Coventry and London ... and maybe Bronte Country, too.
From Brontë Country to a Byron Bay Brewery Tour?
Middlemarch is definitely a book I would read again ... God willing, that is;-)
Such is life as time Middlemarches on:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment