Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 26, 2023

Faith/Cults on Trial?⛪📿👼

Hillsong Church has quite literally been in the news lately I see.
Not to mention some high-profile (ex-)Scientologists;-)
I've been listening to a lot of podcasts about
Hillsong and other cultish "Faiths" lately, as well as watching 'The Great Courses' Streaming channel's 'Thinking About Religion and Violence' lecture series hosted by Peter Garret lookalike Jason C. Bivins, Ph.D.:-)
My son just brought me back from his trip to the USA a gift from a Salem witch, so it was interesting watching the 'Thinking About Religion and Violence' lecture about the Salem witch trials, not that I'm into witchcraft myself.
Nor is he, as far as I know.
And I have nothing against religion and people wanting to go to church, I'm just not into beliefs like an everlasting hell and a lot of the dogma religions try to push onto their flock.
Rituals Without DOGma?
Hillsong: A Megachurch Shattered
Mind you there are a lot of "WOKE" groups that aren't religions that act very cultish, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment