Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 7, 2023

Jesus ... Not Another LEGO Movie!?

I was sorting through some DVD donations in a thrift shop the other day and someone had donated a heap of LEGO movies, such as Batman, The LEGO Movie 1 & 2 ... and even one that looked like the Mel Gibson movie done with LEGO and called 'The Passion'.
I just had to buy 'The Passion' with my mum's side of the family being mainly from Denmark, my dad's side being mainly from a secular Jewish family background and my Nan being a practicing Catholic whose house looked like a haunted Roman Catholic funhouse with all of the statues and artwork she had in her house featuring a bloody Jesus everywhere you looked.
And the funny thing is that I'm not really that much into LEGO or the Judeo/Christian religions.
They Live ... in 'The Lego Movie'?
But I did think 'The Passion' was an awesome movie to scare the crap out of children and one to hang onto to scare the future grandkids with when they come to visit their freaky old grandparent with the same Jesus story his Nan used to scare him with when he was a preschooler;-)
I think they even use
Thor's hammer to nail Jesus to the cross in that LEGO movie, which seems a rather Scandinavian touch, I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment