Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 1, 2023

Cairo, Illinois is a Real Place?📖💭

When I was watching the
1974 musical 'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' last week the African American slave Jim's goal was to get to the town of Cario, Illinois and there was even a musical number about Jim's hopes and dreams titled '
Cairo, Illinois' sung by the actors Jeff East and Paul Winfield.
I thought Mark Twain had just made up the name like he did for the town of St. Petersburg he wrote about in those novels. 
But, no CarioIllinois is a real town with a bleak past it seems when you read about the town's history on the town's Wikipedia page. 
'The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn' is One of the Books I Must Read Before I Die?📚💀👻
I wonder what Twain would have written about the town and its history if he was still alive in 2023?
Cairo of To-Day A Practical Guide to Cairo and the Nile 1915
I guess even the real Cairo in Egypt has changed a lot since Twain's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment