Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 28, 2023

5 Books Essential to the Study of the Occult?📕📖📚

I have no idea what
Universal Co-Masonry is, but reading the spiel at their website it sounds like a Scottish Rite knock off group, and to me the 
Scottish Rite is just a knock off group who flogged the ideas off the Blue Lodge Masons of England.
But hey, what would I know, not being a Mason myself?
I recently viewed a video made by the Universal Co-Masonry group about 5 Books Essential to the Study of the Occult they recommend reading and I realized that I have one of those books still unread in my bookshelf that I bought years ago but haven't made the time to read it.
I just realized while writing up this post that Manly passed away on Scottish singer Elizabeth Fraser's birthday of August 29th, and thought I should throw in that bit of trivia for my old paranoid mate Chritopher Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' Blog:-)
Down 'The Secret Sun Institute' Rabbit Hole and Jaws Will Drop in 2023?🐇🦈🕳🐰
"By 1928, Hall had become sufficiently known and respected as an interpreter and lecturer of many ancient writings. He utilized print and word-of-mouth advertising to solicit public funding to finance his book The Secret Teachings of All Ages (1928), and hired John Augustus Knapp to create full color illustrations, and black and white drawings. The HS Crocker Company of San Francisco agreed to publish his work if he could secure the interest of book designer John Henry Nash, who had worked as a printer for the Vatican."
After The Secret Teachings of All Ages circulated, Hall became increasingly influential on the metaphysical movement sweeping the United States. His book challenged assumptions about society's spiritual roots making readers view their spirituality in new and diverse ways.
He subtitled his book to "the proposition that concealed within the emblematic figures, allegories and rituals of the ancients is a secret doctrine concerning the inner mysteries of life, which doctrine has been preserved in toto among a small band of initiated minds.""
While I agree with the U CoMs about reading that book, the other recommendations, such as Levi's book on "magic", Blavatsky's book and Crowley's 'Book of the Law' I would say "really?", not that I have read Levi's or Blavatsky's books, but Crowley's book I have read and it's a pile of fictious crap, as far as I'm concerned.
I still have 'The Book of the Law' sitting in my bookcase in another Crowley book I'm yet to read anyway, even though I had a proper copy of his red book and gave that copy away after reading it.
Maybe I should have burnt it instead?-)
I guess if nothing else, viewing that You Tube reminded me that I should read Manly's book before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment