Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2020

Every Story is Part Myth No Matter How True People Want You to BeLIEve it is?

Conversations: Elizabeth Gilbert on love and letting go of normal
I finally finished reading Elizabeth Gilbert's book 'Eat Pray Love' this year and have since given the book and DVD of the movie away to God knows who ... and I'm sure God does know who, too:-)
Or "The Univervse/s" if you prefer I don't use the G word around you.
Eat Pray Love ... Because It's Just a Ride?
The Message of the Myth?
I saw the movie made from the book years before I read the book, and while I didn't much like the movie back then, I sure dislike it even more now knowing that one of my favourite scenes in that film was nothing more than fiction.
In the book Liz does get hit on her bike by a passing motorist and hurts her knee, but it wasn't her future "soul mate" who hit her while fishing a jammed cassette tape out of the car's tape player, only to meet her at a bar later while the same tune is playing in the bar.
That whole scene just seems to be made up BS for the movie, because in the book Liz writes that they first met in the bar that night in Bali.
Here I was thinking for years what a great synchronicity it was that the same song that caused her to be hit and injured was the same song playing when they met in the bar.
As if it wasn't bad enough for me that Liz's future lover admits to making Phil Collins mix tapes. 
'A Groovy Kind of Love' sung by Phil Collins was the song me and my ex-wife picked for our wedding waltz.
Needless to say that I can't stand hearing the f#cking song now.  
In fact, hearing most of Phil's songs makes my gulliver heave ultra-violently now.
Nothing against Phil, as I'm sure he is a nice guy, but I get an anti-Pavlov's dogs reaction when in my head those songs connect my thoughts to a certain bitch in my past;-)
Then I watched the movie 'Gladiator' and found out that there is so much BS in that film that it may as well be all fiction.
Marcus Aurelius was not murdered by his son Commodus; he died from the Antonine Plague?

Who ordered the s#it sandwich?-)
As if we don't have enough shit to put up with hearing these days, right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment