Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 23, 2022

Emily Brontë was Born the Year Frankenstein was Published?

I'm in the middle of reading
Mary Shelley's 1818 novel 'Frankenstein' and just happened to see a trailer for the new 2022 movie about 
Emily Brontë's life which seems to be centered around her writing 'Wuthering Heights' (which was written under the pen name of Ellis Bell), which I haven't read, but am well acquainted with the story having watched the 4-part BBC TV series earlier this year -
Published 1818?
Emily (2022)
I never would have been interested in the Brontë sisters if it wasn't for meeting two sets of neighbours who lived side by side in Brontë Country, but didn't realize they did until meeting me at a brewery tour on my side of the planet (Australia) and then telling me all about why it was called Brontë Country -
Jane Eyre TV Mini Series (2006)
I only just watched the 2006 TV series on BritBox this week of 'Jane Eyre', which was adapted to the small screen from Emily's sister Charlote's book of the same name, and couldn't help thinking how the lightening hitting the tree in 
'Jane Eyre' was very much like the lightning hitting the tree in Mary's book 'Frankenstein' and wondered just how much one author's works influence future author's works, and so on down the line of future works of art like a cosmic collective un/consciouness group mind?
I can't help thinking how everything really is connected in life by some higher power as I read all about past authors and current day artists and actors/authors.
Starring Emma Thompson
I only subscribed to Britbox to watch Jane Austen shows so I didn't have to slog through boring romance novels borrowed from the local library:-)
Jane Austen passed away in 1817, the year before 'Frankenstien' was published?
Emma TV Mini Series (2009)
All the world really is a stage I guess?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment