Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 29, 2017

"Fake News" and Dicey Pizza Stories?

No wonder Domino's Pizza sales are plummeting in this country ... or is it just more "fake news"?
I listened to two podcasts recently (well more like one and a half, as I don't like listening to pod-casts about kiddie fiddlers) on two of my favourite podcast sites, and both involved Pizzagate.
What is fake news? Trump, Pizzagate and dumpsters on fire
Pizzagate. Plus, Ex-FBI Undercover Agent Bob Hamer |357|
And no wonder everyone's got the s#its with pizza lately.
Come to think of it those dots do look a lot like ping-pong balls to me;-)
Well, here is a synchronistic ending which I hadn't intended, as I had finished the post at the Alex Jones/Comet Ping-Pong picture above then I went downstairs to have dinner and flick through the current edition of GQ magazine, which had just come in the mail a day or two ago.
Do You Think Kim is Still Pissed Over 'The Interview'?
And what do I see but a story about fake news stories and Pizzagate in particular.
I found it rather amusing until the author of the piece started labeling people who believed the Pizzagate story as "conspiracy theorists" and lumping anyone who believed this story and any other variation of the popular theories on the JFK assassination, manned moon landings, 9/11, etc as 
"conspiracy theorists" also.
To me calling someone a "conspiracy theorist" is as politically correct as calling someone a retard.
I don't see much truth if any in the Pizzagate/Clinton story doing the rounds, but that's not to say I go along with other "official" theories about JFK, the manned moon landings, etc.
I might think to myself of someone who sees the earth as flat as deluding themselves, to give a personal example, but I wouldn't say that they were a "conspiracy theorist" because of that belief they hold about the shape of the earth.
We are all going to hold different views on various topics and that doesn't mean that the mainstream view will always be right, either.
Sometimes it is in the media's own interest to tow the mainstream line of thinking, or lose advertising dollars, or public patronage of their news vehicle.
I think words like "conspiracy theorist" have to be thrown out of common usage in social media, as it's really only a term used to bully people in excepting the "official theory" of events without questioning them.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as long as they aren't trying to shove it on to other people, shoot people over it, or run them down in motor vehicles.

UPDATE: September 8th, 2017
I stopped into my local Domino's pizza joint on the way home from seeing the new movie 'IT' and bought a $15 Perri-perri chicken pizza as I haven't had a Domino's pizza for years ... and now I know why, because the other pizza joints around the place are much better.
No more Domino's pizzas for me thanks.
Domino's pizzas have no soul, I'm afraid;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment