Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 12, 2017

Listening to Trees

Trees at the Byron Bay Writers Festival 2017
I listened to a podcast the other day at the 'Conversations' website where David Haskell had a conversation with Richard Fidler at the 'Byron Bay Writers Festival' about listening to trees from around the world -
Listening to trees: nature's magnificent networkers
I've also caught up with my watching of the new 'Twin Peaks' TV show starring Chrysta Bell who I now just found out performed a song about sycamore trees in my hometown of Brisbane in 2015 and I missed it.
My Sunday: Between Two Worlds and Trying to Catch the Big Fish
"Recorded at the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) Brisbane, Australia during the opening of ‘David Lynch: Between Two Worlds’13 March 2015.
Chrysta Bell concluded her set with a cover of ‘Sycamore Trees’, written by Angelo Badalamenti and Lynch, originally performed by Jimmy Scott."
I thought it was rather a synchronicity that I came across that You Tube of Chrysta Bell singing about trees in my hometown, which I missed a chance to see her sing live and the same day I listened to this podcast that was recorded at a festival I was at last weekend which I missed a chance to see/hear live also.
Apart from the Acid on the Road I Had a Good Trip
Thank heavens for recordings it seems then, I say.
Now I can listen to things others have recorded but realize that there is nothing like being there to listen firsthand with my own ears.
I guess I can't catch all of the big fish that come swimming my way:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment