Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 18, 2017

Spiritual ... But Not Religious?

I hear people saying that "I'm spiritual, but not religious" all the time.
It's almost a modern clichรฉ, but it's not surprising when you read stories like these -
Shattering the silence: Australians tell their stories of surviving domestic violence in the church
I don't have any faith in man-made religions, but that doesn't mean I don't have faith in a higher power, or order in the universe.
I know a lot of good "religious" people, a lot of good "atheists" and heaps of good "spiritual" people and my heart tells me that they are all heading for the same destination, even if seemingly walking different "spiritual" paths.
As for scumbag kiddie fiddlers and those who abuse their trusted positions in this life, I think the road ahead when you leave this life is going to be a long and hard one ... which seems ironically fitting in many ways.
You might think you can cheat in "The Game of Life", but you'll never beat the dealer in the end.
The game goes on for a lot longer than people may think, I think;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment