Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 16, 2017

RU-486?!

I was reading page 205 of Tracey Spicer's Book 'The Good Girl Stripped Bare' where the abortion pill RU-486 was mentioned.
I knew there were abortion pills, but I had never heard of one called RU-486 before.
I thought that it was a rather ironic way to identify an abortion pill, as it seems to be a veiled question in some Tricksterish way.
RU-486 (Are you for 86?)
86 is a slang term for offing something, or someone.
"When used as a verb, eighty-six, eighty-sixed, 86, 86ed, or 86'd is American English slang for getting rid of something, ejecting someone, or refusing service."
It reminds me of the RUOK? Day, where if you suspect somebody is about to off themselves you are supposed to ask RUOK?
I could imagine the same company behind the RU-486 pill selling bottles of RUOK pills to people who aren't OK on RUOK? Day.
There are a lot of topics people discuss in hushed tones that are probably best discussed in public, if for no other reason than to educate and help people, rather than judge them.
I listened to a new podcast today at the 'Future Fossils' site that explored similar topics to the ones I'm reading about in Tracey's book at the moment - 
FUTURE FOSSILS 0038: MARYA STARK (REWEAVING THE MAGICAL FEMININE)
There certainly are more tough questions than there are easy answers in life, I think. 
I'm actually glad not to be in a relationship at the moment and I don't think that I'll be rushing back into one any time soon, either.
The weird thing also is that photo above out of Tracey's book is taken in front of Cape Byron where I visited on my honeymoon and then nearly 25 years later threw my wedding ring into the ocean when my marriage ended.
Love on the Rocks ... A Fool's Journey?
"A nurse convicted of murdering two patients in Germany with overdoses of heart medication is now believed to have killed at least 86 people — and the true scale of the killings could be even larger, investigators have said."
I saw the news story above and the news story below this morning at the ABC news website and thought of this old post about the RU-486 pill.
"Australian experts have found a big increase in patients having heart attacks but who have no obvious risk factors such as high blood pressure, diabetes, being obese or smoking."
Maybe Australian researchers should ask the German nurse who dishes out heart medication to her elderly patients about the risk factors?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment