Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 1, 2017

Cold in July: The Passing of Sam Shepard

I woke up this morning to read the sad news that actor/playwright Sam Shepard has passed away this July -
Sam Shepard: US actor and playwright dies aged 73
"Shepard wrote more than 40 plays and won the Pulitzer Prize for drama for Buried Child in 1979.
He went on to be nominated for the best supporting actor Oscar for 1983's
The Right Stuff and starred in films like Black Hawk Down as well as co-writing 1984's Paris, Texas.
He died at home in Kentucky on Thursday, his family have confirmed.
Shepard
's death came after he experienced complications from motor neurone disease, also known as ALS.

His first major acting role was in Terrence Malik's Days of Heaven in 1978.
Shepard also appears in psychological thriller Never Here, which had its premiere last month."
In my part of the world (Australia) July is cold, because it's winter here, so a movie title like 'Cold in July' kind of makes you want to go, "yeah ... so?"
But it's obviously a title that refers to northern hemishere weather conditions, like Prince's song 'Sometimes It Snows in April' -
Sometimes It Snows In April
I haven't yet seen a lot of films that Sam Shepard was in like 'Cold in July', but just watching the trailer of that film gave me chills, as I had stayed up past midnight finishing off my post about Mercury the messenger and his staff.
Are the Caduceus and the Rod of Asclepius Just Signs of an Accidental M*A*S*H Up?
The 21st of April was when I heard of the passing of Prince
"67 is a bitch"?!
Oddly enough, the last movie that I watched starring Sam Shepard was a film called 'Midnight Special' when I was down in Canberra last April visiting my youngest son.
Warner Bros set the film for November 25, 2015 release, but in July 2015 moved the movie back to March 18, 2016 and in Australia it was released on April 21st, 2016.
My son picked the movie on its strong reviews, but I think we both came out scratching our heads over that one.
"Jeff Nichols wrote the film as a reflection on becoming a father."
"On the poster we see the child reading a Superman comic book. Star Michael Shannon played General Zod in Man of Steel (2013) and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice(2016)."
I also saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice down in Canberra with my youngest son and another two times in close succession, because I kept falling asleep in the middle part of the movie.
The third time I got through it though.

2016: Heroes, Anti-Heroes, Football, Music and Movies
"According to director Jeff Nichols, Adam Driver's first day on set was the same day he got the news he would be in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)."
"Joel Edgerton and Adam Driver have both appeared in the Star Wars films.
Edgerton played Luke Skywalker's Uncle, Owen Lars, in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones(2002) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005), while Driver played Kylo Ren in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)."
Maybe I need to watch it again?
"God does not play dice with the universe"?
I notice that Sam also passed away on 27/7/17 under the star sign of Leo.
Also stars Sam Shepard
And on a weird personal synchronicity that caught my eye, actor Jake Weber out of the television series 'Medium' is also in the movie 'Leo'
Sam Shepard as the Narrator
Jake was born the same year I was, but is a few months older than me, but the fact he plays Allison Dubois' husband and that I just read about Allison's take on him in her book 'Secrets of the Monarch' just this morning before seeing of Sam Shepard's passing kind of blows my mind.
In Dubious/DuBois Battle?-)
I wrote about how I came across this book and decided to read it in this post -
The Book Angel (of Death?) and the Shadow Side of Life?
On a personal note, as well, I noticed Jake Weber likes to star next to minorities.
 Green eyed Patricia Arquette, who played
   
Allison Dubois in 'Medium'
 Green eyed Claire Danes who stars with Jake in 'Homeland'
Starring Jake Weber
I'm writing about green eyed people here;-)
Chameleon Eyes?
Sorry, I just like freaking out the UFO folk who read this blog:-)
I like also how Sam was born on the 5th of November.
"The story of the original Mercury 7 astronauts and their macho, seat-of-the-pants approach to the space program."
Sam Shepard, Pulitzer Prize winner, dies after battle with Lou Gehrig's disease
""I always felt like playwriting was the thread through all of it," Shepard said in 2011.
"Theatre really when you think about it contains everything. It can contain film. Film can't contain theatre. Music. Dance. Painting. Acting. It's the whole deal. And it's the most ancient. It goes back to the Druids. It was way pre-Christ.
"It's the form that I feel most at home in, because of that, because of its ability to usurp everything."
"

Well, all I can say is that Sam was a great actor who was full of the write stuff and I'll miss his work, but I still have a lot to catch up on looking through his credits on his IMDB page.

No comments:

Post a Comment