Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 17, 2018

Triggers?

"Jeffrey Mishlove, PhD uses the stress management concept of "triggers" to illustrate how we can remind ourselves to engage in subtle shifts of consciousness toward a greater (or higher) awareness.
He presents many illustrations of works of art from his own home that serve this trigger function for him.
He points out that we should each develop our own triggers that have particular meaning for ourselves."
How's them triggers?

UPDATE: 18th June, 2018
After writing this post I read this news story above in my local paper from a few days back about a defense contract to sell ballistics armour to the UK, Europe and the Middle East.  
The word "triggers" was in the headline and was what caught my attention.
Kind of fitting in relation to Jeff's talk I thought.
I've also just finished reading Sarah Sentilles' great book 'Draw Your Weapons', which I find amusing with Jeff talking about his art he has around his home that act as "triggers" for him:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment