Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 5, 2018

"Mate, My Hobby is Being Alive" William McInnes

I was reading William McInnes's column in the local Weekend paper where he ran into a stamp collector and William had to think just what was his own main hobby in life.
William's conclusion was that life itself is his main hobby and that someone should put that onto a stamp.
I agree 100% with William on that one, so I put it on an iconic movie poster that I've been using quite a bit on this blog with the 'Finding Nemo' catch cry.
William is the star of one of my all-time favourite Australian movies (or any movies really) that was made by his late wife Sarah Watt, 'Look Both Ways'.
So, the hobby of finding small treasures in the rough and unpredictable seas of life is a good one to have, I think.
As none of us are getting out of those waters alive anyway, so we should try to look around and enjoy the swim while we can.
A Blessing and a Curse (Too)
We may not be able to fathom what life is all about while we are swimming on the surface, but there is something a lot more deeper and meaningful operating in our lives below the surface.
And I don't mean sharks, either;-)
If you dive down into life deep enough, you begin to see that it really is all connected and not as chaotic as you first thought.
If you still don't think so, then maybe you need to take up a hobby?-)
I know I keep saying it, but life is a journey and not a destination.
Don't be a fool and be a fool and start paying attention and taking a look around before the journey through this one is over and a new one begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment