Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 9, 2018

I Only Have Eyes For You For Your Eyes Only?

An alien looking Sheena Easton?
When I was researching Blondie songs for my siren post -
The Tide is High for the Dark Archetypal Angel of the Water and the Sky?
Deborah Ann Harry 
(born Angela Tremble; July 1, 1945)
I stumbled across a song Blondie had sung for the soundtrack of the 007 movie 'For Your Eyes Only'.
The James Bond 007 themes that didn't make it
It was the title song, but it lost out to a song sung by a Scottish lass named Sheena Easton.
Bellshill? For whom the bell tolls?
I don't really know what colour eyes Sheena and Deborah have, but they do look green in a lot of shots that I have seen of both sets of eyes.
The movie 'For Your Eyes Only' does seem to have siren themes running through it, going just by the trailer alone.
'For Your Eyes Only' 
Green Eyes?
Roger Moore and Carole Bouquet in
For Your Eyes Only (1981)
So, are the movie's makers trying to link green eyes to sirens here, or do they just have a thing for green eyes, like a lot of the current movie makers?
Felicity Jones, the Girl with the Green (Alien?-) Eyes
Carole Bouquet in Nemo (1984)
Carole Bouquet and Patrick J. Adams in
Rosemary's Baby (2014)
Kate's got green eyes like Carole's too ya know;-)
Carole Bouquet in Rosemary's Baby (2014)
Carole Bouquet and Roger Moore
Carole Bouquet in 'For Your Eyes Only' 
I'm probably just dreaming here about all of this green-eyed stuff ... and I hope so, because I have them too ... but I thought it was worth bringing up from the depths of my musings;-)
Sheena Easton debuts at West End in '42nd Street' musical
"Produced by Johnny Hon and directed by Mark Bramble, “42nd Street” is famous for songs like “Dames”, “We’re In The Money” and “I Only Have Eyes For You”."
I guess I just can't help myself when it comes to making green-eyed connections in pop-culture.

UPDATE: 10th June, 2018
"Eunice Gayson, the first ever James Bond girl, died on Friday,
June 8.
She was 90."

No comments:

Post a Comment