Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 7, 2022

Christmas TIME and The Gift of the Magi?

My new Brisbane Lions watch next to my old watches
Sophomore Lit Podcast: Christmas Special: Gift of the Magi
My sons gave me a watch for Christmas, which was nice, but probably the least thing I wanted or needed this Christmas, as I already have two watches and like to wear my
'Signs' watch most times I go out.
Although at the moment my 'Synchronicity Happens' watch has a flat battery:-(
My younger son told me that him and his brother were going to put in $200 each for my Christmas present and asked me if there was anything I wanted for Christmas.
I told him that I'd sleep on it, but when I got back to him to tell him maybe a $400 laptop would be handy, he told me it was too late and that they had already bought my present, so when I got a watch that looked like it was worth about $130 (I looked it up at the AFL store site:-) I thought WTF?
And my younger son gave me a shark in a snowglobe that lights up when you flick a switch.
So much for de-cluttering my home I thought:-)
Whatever Happened to Mr. Bates the Ideal Family and the Wounded Father?
I noticed when looking through the newspaper that
Apple watches are around the $400 mark, not that I wanted one of those, plus I saw that cartoon above in the same newspaper, just sayin':-)
Just Watch, Synchronicity Happens?
I remember thinking on Christmas night when I was putting the watch into my draw with my other watches that there was part of my boy's inheritance when my body-clock stops:-)
I also thought it was funny how I was about halfway through reading 'Timekeepers' at the time and they gave me a watch for a Christmas present, not that they even knew that I was reading that book at the time:-)
And then a few days after Christmas a podcast about a short story called 'The Gift of the Magi' hit my iPad, a story about a husband who sells his pocket-watch to buy his wife some combs, while his wife cuts off and sells her long hair to buy her husband a chain for his pocket-watch:-)
Sophomore Lit Podcast: Christmas Special: Gift of the Magi
This pair of "experts" in the podcast argue about a heap of inane reasons that they either liked or disliked the story, as "experts" often do.
And what's with the "Happy" Christmas greeting, instead of "Merry" Christmas?
You don't have to be drunk or drink to be merry, if that's the hang up here.
I think the the lesson here is not to pull your hair out over worrying about buying someone a Christmas present to only watch them regret what you bought them and regret your effort and time spent worrying about them at Christmas time while they in return are just left pulling your chain:-)
'Safety Last' is Nearing its 100 Year Anniversary for 2023, But is There Enough Time Left

No comments:

Post a Comment