Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 5, 2022

Before Birth and Afterlife?

I couldn't help thinking of
Barry Eaton's book 'Afterlife' the day last year when I went into the Brisbane CBD to get my birth certificate and I took a detour to visit ANZAC Square where a young lady working there found an internet site for me when I was telling her about my grandmother's brother who was considered an Australian war hero in Italy -
It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas ... and Hanukkah ... in My Hometown?
My Grandmother's brother
Afterlife Communications
The last time I tried to visit ANZAC Square it was closed because of major renovations -
Being a Disgruntled Tourist in My Hometown?
ANZAC Square
My Grandmother's
(on my mother's side of the family) brother survived WWII, but I had heard some horrific stories about his capture and escape when fighting in the Italian alps from my mother and grandmother, but that would have been the tip of the iceberg I'm sure.
He'd given his medals to my grandmother for some reason, as I would often take them out of her chest of drawers and look at them when I was a kid.
He must have had PTSD, as he took off into the outback to run a pub out there when he came back from the war, and I only ever met him once when he was an old man when he came to Brisbane to visit his sister and my mother, not that long before he died.
I tried looking for some information on him when I down in Canberra in 2016, but we got to the War Memorial too close to closing time to have a real good look, and the guy at the info counter seemed not to be too knowledgeable with using the computer there and wasn't much help on that day.
I wrote a post back in 2016 about my visit to the
Australian War Memorial in the updated section of that post -
RadioOutThere: PROGRAM 881 A VERY SPECIAL BOOK CLUB
And while Barry's book 'Afterlife' is a very good thought provoking read in my opinion, it would not make it anywhere near my top 10 spiritual books list ... that's if I had a top 10.
Barry Eaton's 10 Best Spiritual Books
And as much as I like Barry as a person and a podcast host, listening to him talking about his top 10 spiritual books and his "psychic abilities" in the above You Tube makes me think that Barry believes a lot of BS about his "abilities".
Not that you have to be psychic to recall a past life and takes nothing away from his book 'Afterlife' ... but as for some of his other personal beliefs ...well you make up your own mind.
Conversations With Neale Donald Walsch About Conversations With God?
And while I wouldn't put any Wayne Dyer books into my Top 10 list, 'You’ll See It When You Believe It' would be a book in Barry's Top 10 that was a life changing read for me, as I wrote in this old post -
Analysis/Synthesis?
Machu Picchu: The secrets of a forgotten city
I thought it was rather synchy that as I was writing up this post and listening to Barry tell Sandie how he once wanted to be an historian or archaeologist (have a read of my post about the Thoesphical Society on the subject of history and archaeology:-) and he then forgets the name of the South American city he was trying to tell Sandie about, that the latest 'The Forum' podcast hits my iPad list and it's about Machu Picchu:-)
My new 2022 wall calendar 
Lest we forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment