Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 15, 2022

Remembering the Good Ol' Days as The 2022 Super Bowl Passes into Memory?

Some of the best Super Bowl ads capitalised on pop culture nostalgia?
Did someone mention Tony?
Dam my nostalgia, I'm getting my tigers mixed up, which could be real dangerous when it comes to fueling my body at breakfast-time:-)
I hope Uber Eats don't deliver petrol, as that could be fatal, hey Chris Knowles?-)
Chris Knowles' The Secret Sun blog
We do get the half-time Super Bowl show with our live broadcast in Australia, but we don't get the Super Bowl commercials with it, which could be a good thing after I read Chris Knowles bitching over at his 'The Secret Sun' blog where he recalls the good ol' bad days of being in the advertising industry 15 years ago and telling the kiddies nostalgic war stories of how things were done badly better in his day.
Even I'm starting to think Chris is nothing but a whining grumpy old bastard these days, and I'm a few years older than he is:-)
Better luck in the Year of the Rabbit maybe Joe Burrow?-)
I remember watching the LVI Super Bowl as if it was yesterday ... because it was:-)
And watching it live on a Monday morning (that was yesterday, because now it's Tuesday here) in Australia was like watching the game live from Yesterday, since it was Sunday over there:-)
Super Bowl L[O]V[E]I?
I've never watched one episode of 'The Sopranos' and nor do I intend to in my future either, so there's no direct nostalgic experiences for me watching the Super Bowl ad featuring actors who played kids in the show when it was on air/cable.
If I want to remember crime and nostalgic days of criminal run nightclubs all I have to do is read the local newspaper or pull out my old LP of nightclub songs where Tony sings even older and sentimental songs that remind me of the old movies I would watch on our old black & white TV featuring Dean Martin singing
'That's Amore' or Elvis singing 'Wooden Heart', both great songs to be playing on Valentine's Day (yesterday here in Oz).
I see my old record is worth about $50 now if I wanted to sell it, but I don't.
1989 Tony Bellino Shame & Scandal In The Family Rare Oz Pop Mafia Vinyl LP
The weird thing for me about reading about Tony in the recent newspaper article about the Whiskey Ago-Go nightclub arson attack in Brisbane in 1973 was I had forgotten that the nightclub was probably named after its famous counterpart in the USA the Whisky-Ago-Go until I was watching my old DVD of 'The Doors' on Sunday night.
The only reason that I was watching 'The Doors' was because I had been listening to Kyle 
MacLachlan talking to Alec Baldwin about starring in 'The Doors' with Val Kilmer and how Kyle believed Val should have picked up the Oscar for Val's performance of Jim.
The DUNEiverse & Freemasonry and the Deeper Meaning of Sci Fi ... and Sychromsticism?
After I had watched
'The Doors' I'd remembered seeing that there was I show about Val Kilmer on Amazon Prime, which I really had no interest in watching until hearing Kyle talk about Val to 
Alec Baldwin (pre-shooting accident) and watching 'The Doors' Sunday night.
'VAL' is one of the best movies I have watched in a long time and is truly art imitating life imitating art.
And watching that movie reminded me just how much I hated 
'Top Gun' in my youth:-)
And 'Top Gun' was released 36 years ago in 
And I still hate 'Top Gun' now.
Ah ... nostalgia.
Tom Cruise turns 60 this year on July 3rd making him a Water Tiger by the way:-)
And oddly enough Jim Morrison of The Doors died on July 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment