Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 22, 2022

The Lighthouse Keeper and Synchronicity?

Storm Eunice death toll rises
I was laying in bed on Saturday morning listening to podcasts on my iPad when a new  'Sense of Soul' podcast episode hit my playlist titled 'The Lighthouse Keeper', which struck me as a personal synchronicity as I had been reading about Storm Eunice lashing Britain on the ABC news site where a magnificent picture of a huge wave hitting a lighthouse in that bulletin had caught my eye.
I was awake as f#ck after after seeing these two lighthouse pictures on my iPad on Saturday morning and decided that I needed to have a listen to this podcast while I made myself a morning cup of coffee.
But the synchronicities were just starting for me, just like the podcast was:-)
The O2 Arena/Millennium Dome and The Secret Sun?
Sense of Soul Podcast
 Sense of Soul Podcast: The Lighthouse Keeper
Sophie Hardcastle Spilling the Beanz Along with Osher on Their Mental Health in These Times of Covid 19 and Self-isolation?
I had not heard of
David Richards or his books 
'The Lighthouse Keeper' and 'Whiskey & Yoga' before, and to be honest I have no plans to read them in the future either, as I'm not really into yoga or whiskey and have no plans to become a lighthouse keeper, as much as I like lighthouses, but the story he tells the podcast hosts about his life and growing up in Okinawa in a military family I did find interesting, as I had just watched a TV show called 'Foreign Correspondent' and an episode titled
'Flying Solo' about "shut-ins" in Japan where a young woman tells of the difference between living in Tokyo and Okinawa.
At about the 23rd minute of the lighthouse podcast one of the hosts tells David how her little girl when upset would always want to be on her head (i.e. upside down) which made me think of 
Peter Gabriel's song 'Downside Up' once more and this news story about Storm Eunice, especially when the podcast host tells about her husband coming home from football practice telling her that he and his teammates have to do yoga now as part of their training.
Declan Rice defies Storm Eunice by performing a handstand
David tells the hosts at around the 30 minute mark of the podcast how as a six year old he got hit in the back of the head with a hammer thrown by his playmate and had an out-of-body experience, which must have left him with a Thor head I reckon:-) 
David also brings up the movie 'Antichrist' near the end of that podcast episode, which made me think of Willem Dafoe who stars in that movie as well as 'The Lighthouse':-)
The Lighthouse and Squaring the Circle?
And on another personal synchromystic note David mentions just after that how his daughter is reading Mary Shelley's famous novel 'Frankenstein' and I had just been re-listening to a podcast on my iPad about Mary Shelley's life, as I have
'Frankenstein' (AKA The Modern Prometheus) sitting on my bedside table yet to read.
Women Inspire Podcast: Mary Shelley
I'm not really into new-agey podcasts like 'Sense of Soul' which I found when I put the single word "synchronicity" into the
Apple Podcast search bar and a 2019 episode called 'Synchonicity' came up, so I listened to that episode and then subscribed to the podcast to see if there were any more episodes worth having a listen to.  
Sense of Soul Podcast: Synchronicity
I'll be writing a post about re-listening the that 2019 podcast episode yesterday and a few amusing syncs I had which relates to that podcast episode and today's date and I'll put the link here when it is written -
Twos-Day, 2022 and Synchronicity?

No comments:

Post a Comment