Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 5, 2023

Little Women/Summer Rain ... and Pop Culture?☔

One thing I learn as I read/listen to the classic books ... that I must read before I die, is how much pop-culture is like a giant mental pinball machine where ideas seem to bounce off one another to create other works of big pop cultural influence, either subliminally or consciously.
When I was listening to the poem in chapter 46 of 'Little Women' and heard the words "summer rain" over and over, I couldn't help but think of the Belinda Carlisle song 'Summer Rain' and how much influence this poem may have had on the songwriters of that song, even if only subconsciously?

No comments:

Post a Comment