Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 12, 2023

Herman Melville Was Born and Died in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ‡πŸ³πŸ°

Having completed reading and listening to Herman Melville's novel 'Moby Dick' this year of 2023, the Year of the Water Rabbit I was surprised to find out that Herman was born in 1819, the Year of the Rabbit and passed away in 1891, the Year of the Rabbit>:-)
What a coincidence?-)
"Known in the numismatic world as a "Moby Dick Coin", the Ecuadorian 8 Escudos doubloon, minted in Quito, Ecuador, between 1838 and 1843, is the one ounce of gold "sixteen dollar piece" Captain Ahab nails to the mast of the Pequod, promising it to the first man who "raises" Moby-Dick."
The year the coin was last minted was 1843, the Year of the Rabbit;-)
The Voice of the I Ching ... or Just all COINcidenceπŸ’°?πŸ€‘
I think
'Moby Dick' is one of the most well written books I have read so far, but hopefully I have a lot more books to read before I die:-)
Warren Peace (War and Peace;-) and Other Great Books to Read in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°
And I find it amusing that an author whose most famous work is about chasing a
white whale was born and passed in the Year of the [White] Rabbit;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment