Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 7, 2022

Goodnight Shane?

Shane Warne’s eerie
final
Instagram post
Hours before his sudden death, Warne took to Instagram to wish “good night” to his followers from the luxurious villa with an image of the island and the villa’s infinity pool.
... water flows to give the appearance of
the water extending to the
horizon?
Charlie wears Warne's favourite
 #
23 for the Lions
I must admit that I'm not a fan of the game of Cricket and I very much look forward to the start of autumn and the beginning of the footy season when the "real sport" is on TV.
When people talk cricket around me my mind switches off and I think to myself how anyone could care less about such a boring game.
And Friday night I was thankful to watch my Lions play the team that ended our 2021 season, even though it was a pre-season cup game and not a game that really counted ... unless your team won it that is, so you could rub it in to Bulldog supporters like 
I went to bed happy on Friday night thinking thank God the footy is back on TV and the Cricket season is pretty much over.
Then Saturday morning I got up to the news of Shane Warne's passing, which was rather sad news I thought.
All of a sudden his death was dominating the news headlines that had been dominated by the war in the Ukraine and the Australian floods, and it was like the tabloid press were back in business again. 
In fact all I had ever known about Warne were the tabloid press headlines about his life scandals, so I watched 'Shane' on 
Amazon Prime on the weekend since I was already subscribed to the service anyway and it was going to cost me nothing but my time to watch, and I was surprised that his favourite sport was AFL and that he really wanted to play AFL footy first and foremost.
I don't really have a favourite sport, because I can't really pick a favourite between the NRL (rugby league) and AFL (Aussie rules), so I don't.
And I couldn't help but be amused when I saw that 'Shane' had a IMDB rating of 6.7 as 67 is a very significant number for my NRL club The Sharks.
Also my blogging mate in the UK Mike Perry writes a very cricket sounding blog about coincidence called '67 Not Out', too.
The World (Wide Web) is a Circle
An IMDB rating of 6.7?!
Starr/67/White Feather Syncs
As I'm watching the Amazon Prime show about Shane I see him walking on a Victorian beach with his three children and his daughter says how he is 52 years old and single, and that hit me when I realized how recent this movie was, and how I was 52 years old in 2016 when my NRL footy team won their first ever NRL grand final trophy just weeks after my own father had passed away. 
And boy was I stunned after watching that film to look up Shane's Wikipedia page to see that my father actually passed away on the early morning of Shane's birthday in 2016.
But it all gets synchromystically weirder when on Saturday I read the Friday morning Queensland newspaper front page to see a wedding photo from the crap Aussie soap 'Neighbours' and the good news (to me anyway:-) that the show was no more.
The March 4th, 2022 front page
I disliked that TV show even more than I disliked Cricket and thought that show was almost as big an embarrassment to Australia than 'Home and Away' is:-)
So I find it rather eerie that the death of 'Neighbours' makes the front page on the day that Warnie (who actually appeared in that show) would pass away.
I am a big fan of the 'Kath & Kim' TV show though and Magda:-)
Magda Szubanski and Signs from Above?
From the March 4th, 2022 newspaper
The 'Kath & Kim' episode
 starring
Shane
When I saw the photo in the news of Shane drinking a can of Fosters beer I thought who drinks Fosters in Australia anymore, unless it's for a trip down memory lane to when the beer was actually a kind of big seller?
There are probably more Aussies drinking Guinness than Fosters on a regular basis over here now, and that's not saying much in terms of popularity in beer drinking, which are dominated by VB, Tooheys, Coopers and XXXX.
Fosters was a popular beer in the southern Australian states around the year Shane was born, but not now.
Shane Warne dies aged 52
Barry Crocker in
'
The Adventures of Barry McKenzie'
And it's on Amazon Prime for 
free to subscribers:-)
Barry Crocker who plays Barry McKenzie is the person who sings the original 'Neighbours' theme song where the cast are playing Cricket in Ramsey Street and hit a ball through the window.
I wrote a post about Barry singing the 'Neighbours' theme on his birthday in 2019 -
Happy Birthday Barry Crocker, Let's Hope IT's Not a Shocker with Clowns ... Like the NRL Grand Final Was 
This Year?-)
Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) March 5th, 2022
I thought it was ironic with with Shane marrying Magda's character in 'Kath & Kim' and with Magda being openly Gay that the Gay Mardi Gras took place at the SCG the day after Shane's passing, since Warne's final Test was held at the same venue as his first, 15 years earlier: the Sydney Cricket Ground.
Being straight the Mardi Gras, like Cricket, just isn't my cup of tea, but hey, whatever floats your float I say:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment