Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 25, 2022

On the Road to Nowhere?

I finished reading John Ahern's book 'On the Road with Kids' recently and I couldn't help wondering if that kind of trip across Europe is now a thing of the past or how long into the future would you be able to do that kind of trip again? 
It seems more of a story of nostalgia now rather than a trip that you could practically do now the way the world is, or seems to be heading.
Advice from the appendix of 'On the Road...'
I had been thinking over the last few years B.C
(Before Covid) of selling my unit, buying a motor-home and putting the rest of the money in the bank to live off while I motored off around Australia, but I'm glad I never did it ... or at least think that I'm glad I never did it.
Especially after reading about John's family adventure on the road with kids and seeing the movie 'Nomadland' a year back.
I now find the idea of touring around in a motor-home slightly better than considering a stint in prison:-)
No-MAD-land?
And SPOILER ALERT ...
On the last page of 'On the Road with Kids' John writes about a friend complaining when he gets back to Australia and back into "normal life" that "you're just trying to live at home as if you are still on the road" and John writes that his friend finally gets it.   
And as much as I like being on the road and seeing new places, I'd rather drive in a car and stay in a nice motel with hot and cold running water with a toilet I don't have to worry about emptying.
I've never really enjoyed camping when I have done it and I would hate the thought of having everything I own in a van that could be stolen or crashed.
It's fun reading books like John's and mulling over doing a trip like that around Europe and Africa in a motor-home for a year of more, but when the rubber hits the road I think I would regret trading my real home for a motor-home and being stuck in that lifestyle when my bank account shrank.
A rail journey across Australia looks more appealing to me right now than a motor-home trip, but life is a journey and not a destination, as they say.
Although I'm glad that I ran into John all those years ago and read a book that I probably never would have normally bought and read otherwise, as it has helped to set my thoughts on the right track going ahead and not so much on the road:-)
And on my next road-trip to Bribie Island I'll be dropping the book off at the Bribie Island Book Exchange for the next traveler to read like the last time a had a box or two of books to give away that I wrote about in the post in the link below:-)
What is Consciousness and Who and What Are U/s?
And just as I was planning my airplane trip to Singapore for next year or the year after I see this news above in the newspaper.
Might be time to blow the dust off my copy of 'Fear of Flying' and finally read it for a few travel tips on how not to worry;-)
One Hell of a Singapore Synchro

UPDATE: March 30th, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment