Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 1, 2022

You Can't Step into the Same RiverMill Twice?

Like the old saying goes,
'you can never step into the same river twice'.
The Historic Rivermill
Just over two weeks ago I attended my sister's birthday lunch at the Historic Rivermill situated on the bank of the Coomera River just outside Brisbane.
And today I see on the Historic Rivermill's  Instagram page a video of what the weekend's astronomical rainfall in the southern part of the state has turned what was a pleasant river full of turtles into.
Looking to the fig tree on February 13th, 2022
The fig tree in the flooded river
The same fig tree on February 13th, 2022
From behind the fig tree on February 13th, 2022
My sister's birthday was actually on Monday the 14th 
(Valentine's Day), but she had it on the Sunday before her birthday, as that was the day all the family could get together (barring her son and his girlfriend who had Covid at the time)
February 13th, 2022
February 13th, 2022
February 13th, 2022
There were about 30 turtles swimming in the river on the day of my sister's birthday lunch and the children were feeding them with food supplied by the Historic Rivermill.
Turtles in the river on the 13th of February
Turtles in the river on the 13th of February
I just hope those turtles didn't get washed downstream in the floodwaters on the weekend, and I would imagine that there is a lot more mud in the pigsty now ... river mud that is.
I would imagine the outdoor eating area went under in the flood, as well. 
Not to mention the alpaca's enclosure:-(
And I hope the crows up in the tree who I made friends with on the day were OK in all of that weekend torrential rain. 
The tree the crows were in on the riverbank
February 13th, 2022
Brisbane flood remains under 2011 level

No comments:

Post a Comment