Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 27, 2022

These Days and Black Ol' Secret Suns?

I was sitting on this post until I saw what my old mate 
Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' blog was going to predictably write about the passing of the Foo Fighters' drummer so close to the release of the Studio 666 trailer spoof:-)
I can't say that I know much about the 'Foo Fighters' music, as I was never a fan of Grunge to be honest, but when I saw the news about Taylor Hawkins I looked up a few of their music clips and was surprised to see a song called 'These Days' with my first thought thinking this was a 'Powderfinger' cover until I clicked play and found out it wasn't the 'These Days' I had planned on hearing, which was written for the 'Two Hands' movie soundtrack ... that's the movie that starred Heath Ledger I might add for Chris at the 
'Secret Sun';-)
Apparently the 'Foo Fighters' are/were(?) going to play Brisbane's Suncorp Stadium on December 10th, 2022, which is exactly 11 years after they played Carrara Stadium on the Gold Coast on December 10th, 2011.
Carrara Stadium Gold Coast Australia
The Gold Coast Suns have played their home games at Carrara since mid-2011.
I should add that the 'GC Suns' were beaten last night at their home ground Carrara by the reigning champions the 'Melbourne Demons':-)
Talk about a darkly ironic dose of synchromystic sun exposure in this post Chris, and you had to bring up my elusive lady Alanis in your paranoid post, but life is mostly ironic as Alanis will tell you and me ... but you learn:-) -

UPDATE: March 28th, 2022
Miley Cyrus breaks down on stage
 over Taylor Hawkins’ death
Here's a better celebrity siren/scapegoat/meme for my ol' mate at 'The Secret Sun' to scare his followers around the ol' Secret Sun campfire while passing the ol' Sun-hat around for donations these days;-)
Miley Cyrus teared up while paying tribute to her late pal 
Taylor Hawkins at Lollapalooza Brazil on Saturday.
“We had to make this emergency landing and the first person that I called was Taylor, because he was already at the festival,” Cyrus said of the Foo Fighters drummer, who died on Friday.
Cyrus, 23, was referring to the private plane she took earlier this week. The crew had to make an emergency landing after being struck by lightning en route to the AsunciΓ³nico Music Festival in Paraguay. The Foo Fighters headlined the music festival one day prior.
Cyrus has been a fan of the Foo Fighters for years, and became closer with Hawkins when they worked together for their Billy Idol collaboration Night Crawling
The track was featured on Cyrus’ 2021 rock crossover record 
Plastic Hearts.
Throw another log on the 'Secret Sun' campfire, hey Chris?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment