Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 27, 2022

Take 5: Slices of the Licorice Pizza🍕from Life's Favourite Memory Menus?

I had not heard of the podcast 'Take 5' until I had watched the first episode of 'Take 5' on the ABC TV featuring Guy Pearce -
Take 5: A Swan Song for Guy?🦢🏆
It reminds me of the long running BBC radio show 'Desert Island Discs' where the host asks a famous guest which 5 records they would like to have with them if stranded on a desert island ... and presumably with access to a record player connected to a power source -
The music that has meaning for Rowe?
Except 'Take 5' is about asking musos (or people in the music industry) what their top 5 songs are from other musos under certain circumstances throughout their own life history.
"And it's different to your average 'just pick your five favourite songs' idea because every week it's a different theme, for example 'renewal' or 'heartbreak anthems', so that every week we have a different look into someone's life.
"People who I've done Take 5 with two or three times, like Paul Kelly, each time you give them a different theme, you're getting a different insight into their life," she says."
"... And There's So Much Water So Close to Home" Paul Kelly
I cherry picked all of the
'Take 5' podcast episodes on the Apple Podcasts 
'Take 5' site that I wanted to listen to from singers and people in the industry I have listened to, and sometimes have personally met, over the years of my own life.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other 4 TV 'Take 5's, although I'm not a fan of Keith Urban's music to be honest, having given my music of his I once owned away recently -
Sing & Don't Cry
It would be good to hear P!NK's top 5 ... or Robbie's I reckon, but please don't ask Phil Zan;-)
The Clockwork Orange Effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment