Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 4, 2026

How to Celebrate National Americana Month with Your Mouth?🥪🌭🍺😋

I bought a
Philly chesessteak from a local restaurant today for lunch/dinner, as it is 'National Americana Month' and people that I work with have been saying that I have to try a 
chesessteak from this place, not to mention the best root beer that they have ever tasted.
To be honest, I'm not a real fan of root beer, or sarsaparilla as we Australians tend to call it, as the word "root" over here is a common slang term for f#ck:-)
But yeah, this was probably the best 
root beer I have tasted, not that I'd be buying it often at around $7 (Australian) a bottle, when I could buy a can of COKE for half the price.
And at about $16 for a Philly chesessteak I could go up the road and buy a SUBWAY Philly "STYLE" footlong for just over $17, which is what I did yesterday, so I could compare the two sandwiches.
a SUBWAY Philly "STYLE" footlong
And to be honest the two are nothing alike, although if I was going to fork out
$16-$17 dollars for a sandwich I'd favour getting the 
SUBWAY Philly "STYLE" footlong.
Having said that I would rather pay less for some other SUBWAY sandwich than the SUBWAY Philly "STYLE" footlong.
But you live and learn ... hopePhilly;-)
I saw that today was also 'National Chianti Day', so I popped into my local bottle shop on the way home and bought a bottle to drink later in the evening, when my 
Philly chesessteak had settled in my stomach.
I don't think I had ever tried Chianti before, and while it was OK, I didn't think it was anything special, as far as wines go.
I guess I was just curious as to what it would taste like, after hearing it mentioned in the movie 'The Silence of the Lambs'.
But I am not so curious as to ever want to taste a human liver:-) 
Cheers!

UPDATE: September 9th, 2026
I was sitting down at the Lions club having a beer and playing some keno today and contemplating what to have for lunch/dinner, and while scrolling through my phone saw that today (September 9th) was 'Wiener Schnitzel Day', and since I was thinking of getting SUBWAY on the way home, I thought I would try the Chicken Schnitzel Sub.
Wiener Schnitzel Day
My memories of eating Chicken Schnitzel in the past weren't good ones, because they usually involved memories of indigestion and the vow of never eating Chicken Schnitzel again.
Chicken Schnitzel Sub
I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when having eaten my Chicken Schnitzel Sub that it was tasty and didn't give me indigestion at all.
As for 'Wiener Schnitzel Day', I'm not into eating veal, so I'll let the Austrians celebrate that day, while I'll celebrate Chicken Schnitzel with the Australians today:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment