![]() |
| Share the Waffle Love Online |
![]() |
| Waffle House Waffles |
They wanted to honor the beloved waffle and highlight its role in American breakfast culture.
Each year, during the first full week of September, restaurants offer waffle-themed specials, drawing in food lovers from all over.
Each year, during the first full week of September, restaurants offer waffle-themed specials, drawing in food lovers from all over.
This celebration invites everyone to indulge in waffles while trying new variations and flavors.
Waffles date back centuries, with early versions dating to ancient Greece.
Waffles date back centuries, with early versions dating to ancient Greece.
However, it was during the 13th century that they gained their signature grid pattern.
Over time, waffles evolved, spreading across Europe and eventually reaching the United States, where they became a breakfast staple.
Over time, waffles evolved, spreading across Europe and eventually reaching the United States, where they became a breakfast staple.
The introduction of maple syrup to the mix helped boost their popularity in America."
There are no Waffle House restaurants in Australia, so if I go back to America, I'll have to try and find one of these restaurants and try one of their waffles.
It's kind of weird to see a sheepdog show at a Koala Sanctuary, but at least I was in time to see it today.
Apparently, you can pay $15 to get up close and personal to a sheepdog if you want, but I'll pass on that one, as I was already fleeced with the waffle today;-)
I might have paid to get a photo with an owl, but we were gone by lunchtime, as my younger son shouted me lunch for Father's Day at the Lions.
I think I'm gonna have to do better with my breakfasts this month than the one I had today, not just for my health's sake, but also for my bank account's sake:-)Following the Brisbane Lions this year is enough to drive a supporter to drink, so maybe that was their plan all along?;-)
At least there were no pizzas on the menu today:-)







No comments:
Post a Comment