I decided to try an Italian Meatball Sub, as I had never tried one before, and I had been working my way through the subs this month, eating anything that didn't have meat from a pig, as I don't eat pig through a personal choice I made back in my teens when I found out that my Jewish and Muslim friends and distant (Jewish) relatives didn't eat pig.
I don't eat Kosher though, as I'm not a religious person, it's just more of a cultural choice and I'm not going to stick my finger down my throat and try and vomit it out if I've found that I've accidentally eaten that meat.
But after eating my Italian Meatball Sub this afternoon, I kept thinking that the meat on the sub didn't taste like beef to me but didn't taste like pork either (I grew up in my childhood eating pig, so I know what it tastes like).
So, I Googled the ingredients of SUBWAY meatballs and was shocked to find out that SUBWAY usually use a mixture of beef and pork combined together for making their meatballs, unless the stores are in counties where pork is off the menu.
WHAT?!
But then I Googled what was in SUBWAY Australia's meatballs and was told beef.
Either way, the Italian Meatball Sub is off my personal menu now, because I find whatever meat mixture they use a little sickening and would prefer other subs on the menu over this one.










No comments:
Post a Comment