Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 11, 2026

Secular Australia's Identity Crisis on Hot Cross Bun Day?⛪ðŸ•ģ🐇🐰

I saw that it was
'National Hot Cross Bun Day' today and wondered why?
While I don't see myself as a staunch follower of a particular religion, I do like cultural "religious" celebrations like Easter and Christmas, so I'm not someone who wants to eat Hot Cross Buns, or Christmas Cake too far away in the calendar from when the holiday occurs, just because they may be for sale on the supermarket shelf all year round.
I'm sure there are people who couldn't give a s#it and like to eat those items all year round, as someone must be buying and eating the Hot Cross Buns you see on the supermarket shelves nearly all year round here in Australia, or the supermarkets wouldn't keep stocking the shelves with them.
Secular Australia's Identity Crisis
And while there is no mention of 
Hot Cross Buns in the above podcast episode which dropped today at the ABC podcast website, it is an interesting debate about secular and religious "identity" of Australia, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment