Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 25, 2026

How to Celebrate Save Your Photos Month on AFL Grand Final Friday?📷🦁🏆🏉📸

Looking back through the photos that I took today on my phone I realized that September is 'Save Your Photos Month' and some of these photos I took today are worth saving for years to come.
After the AFL Grand Final parade, we got into the MCG for the Captain's Run, which maybe the only time this weekend that we get into the MCG, as we still don't have tickets for the game tomorrow, so it's not looking good for us watching the game in the stadium at this point.
But it's been worth the trip down so far, even if we have to watch the match in a pub somewhere close by.
Looking through my photos from today I realize that I got so caught up trying to catch stray footballs that came over the net from the Lions players kicking practice, that I forgot to take photos of the players on the field:-)
I'll have to get my son to give me some of his photos if he took any while we were watching the Captain's Run.
Because that's all the photos I took inside the MCG today.
Still, it was good to get a feel of how it would be sitting in the stadium tomorrow for the lucky fans who do have tickets.
I like how there are two cups on the Footy Fest sign, hopefully the Lions will have a third this time tomorrow;-)
How to Celebrate Sport Purple for Platelets Day in 2026?🌊💜⚓
After we left the Footy Fest, we headed for the Pullman Hotel for a drink, only to check out the hotel where the Pullman 5 scandal played out this year.
We only found out after we had left The Pullman from another Lions fan that the Lions were staying there:-)
After spending the afternoon in the city, we headed to the Eureaka Building to get some nighttime shots of Melbourne and the MCG from 88 stories above the ground.
I never realized until I looked at my photos that Melbourne had exit signs in the sky;-)
When I was down here in 2016 10 years ago t
his building below, the Australia 108 wasn't built then.
Australia 108 
It's now taller than the 
Eureaka Building.
There's the MCG all light up tonight above.
And the coldest view of the game
out here
blowing in the wind
I guess I could say that my view of Melbourne has literally changed since I was down here 10 years ago:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment