Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 4, 2026

The Fremantle Mermaid?🌊🏊⚓🏆

I bought this
mermaid above on my visit to the WA Shipwrecks Museum, justifying its purchase to my son as not only a souvenir of my visit to Fremantle, but also my voodoo doll to sink the local AFL football team the Fremantle Dockers in the finals, to pave the way for my team the Brisbane Lions to win their 3rd straight AFL grand final this year;-)
Looks like it may just be working from last night's football result;-)
Every September 3rd
Fremantle ‘rattled’ as Hawthorn
cruise into prelim with big win
I didn't even know about the 
WA Shipwrecks Museum until this anchor above caught my attention and I went over to take a photo of it and then saw that there was a museum near it.
We had just left Cicerello's after having lunch and I just mainly wanted to get out of the rain, otherwise I might have given the museum a miss if it had have been a fine day.
But the siren's call was too strong, and I forked out the cash for me and my son to get out of the rain and into the museum:-)
It was much better than I thought it was going to be actually, and I would recommend a visit if you were ever in 
Fremantle.
We had also done a brewery tour before lunch, so I was quite taken in with the beer bottle displays in the museum:-)
Even though I'm part Danish from my mum's side of the family I've never been much interested in Lego and find it hard to see the attraction that a big part of the population has to the blocks?
I couldn't imagine the horror of sailing from Europe to Australia on ships like these.
I thought that I had read years ago that Russell Crowe had the rights to make that above incident into a movie, but I've heard nothing about it since then.
I also couldn't imagine being shot at by cannon fire while being on one of those old ships like a sitting duck.
What I also found interesting was all the mythical creatures that humans seem to invent involving the sea.
And even today people are fascinated and even obsessed by tales/tails of mermaids.
People like Doreen Virtue and Christopher Knowles, just to name a few;-)
From 'Mermaids 101'
From 'Mermaids 101'
Yes, it's hard to believe that even today people take mythological sea creatures seriously:-)
From 'Mermaids 101'
Or should I say siriusly?-)
Maybe they just drink too much coffee?
Starbuck/s, Liz Fraser and The Secret Sun? 🌊🌞
From 'Mermaids 101'
Or maybe that should be nightmares in some people's mind?
Showing posts sorted by relevance
 for query Hannah Fraser
And just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water?
So, if you are ever down in Fremantle, duck into the WA Shipwrecks Museum and grab a Freo mermaid:-)
But be sure to take a rain jacket, and or umbrella:-)
Especially if you plan on heading to Cottesloe Beach afterwards, like we did -

No comments:

Post a Comment