Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 7, 2018

The 13th Dr. Who and the Tarot Card of Death?

I must admit that I'm not a fan of the Dr. Who TV show now, although when I was about five or six, I used to watch it for the scary monsters and robots that would give me nightmares at times.
But now I see it as the 'Home and Away' of Sci-Fi TV (that means crap that I couldn't be bothered watching).
I did watch the first show in the new series to see what all the fuss about a female Dr. Who was all about, not that I'll be watching anymore of them, but I thought in terms of the Tarot in an archetypal sense, it was interesting the female Doc came to be the 13th incarnation.
I was reading the book 'Jung and Tarot' and especially the chapter about the 'Death' card (#13) and I thought that really went with the 13th Doctor being 'reborn' in a woman's body.
Especially in an alchemical sense, as well.
The Archetypal Tarot?
are you?-)
From the book 'Jung and Tarot' and about card #13
"We are especially attached to the instinctual ways of our natural bodies.
Outworn parts of our psyche are also difficult to part with.
The alchemists recognized this predicament, and for them, too, the skeleton symbolized the necessity to loosen one's identification with the body.
They also recognized the need to make conscious the conflict between the spiritual and the natural man.
"In so doing", Jung tells us,"they rediscovered the old truth that every operation of this kind is a figurative death - which explains the violent aversion everybody feels when he has to see through his projections and recognize the nature of his anima."    
Jodie Whittaker / The 13th Doctor by MessyPandas
But like I mentioned above, I'm not into Dr. Who and I couldn't give a hoot if the 14th doctor comes back as an owl;-)
I guess there is a message for WHO fans in that last comment of mine:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment