Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 25, 2018

Turning of the Wheel: Mandalas?

Tree of Life Mandala
Mandala?
Turning of the Wheel: Psyche and Singularity?
I've been zooming through podcasts today at 'The Turning of the Wheel' podcast site archives and one that really got my attention was a talk about mandalas with the late Judith Cornell -
Judith Cornell – Mandalas 3/20/2008
Judith Cornell, PhD, (1941–2010)
I'd never read any of her books and didn't even know Judith had passed away two years after this talk, until I did an internet search about her work.
One of Chris Flisher's mandalas 
I love mandalas and have a lot of mandalas and mandala like images around me.
I see my mini dart board as a mandala and my dreamcatcher is very mandala like as well, I think, but I'm yet to sit down and draw/paint my own mandala.
Although it is on my bucket list to get into making a few personal mandalas, but I've been putting it off until I read 'The Red Book' of Jung's that I have sitting in my bookcase to my right.
I found this talk very informative and a little spooky in hindsight when coming across it in 2018 knowing Judith passed on May 18th, 2010 and that around the 8th minute of the podcast she says she sees the center of the mandala as a black void.
Chris Cornell died on May 18th also, and if you take Chris Flisher and Judith Cornell's names and combine them you can make Chris Cornell.
Just sayin', not all synchronicities and coincidences are full of rainbows and light.
Life and death can be very ironic, but I still say that everything is connected in a roundabout way.
Great podcast though and I recommend a listen, or two.
Mandala?
Amazingly the Westworld Church Survived the Fire?
Westworld Fan Art Friday #2
It's a weird world we are living in, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment