Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 5, 2018

Me Tarzan ... You Jane?

I watched a great documentary on Netflix the other day called 'Jane', which was mainly about lost footage of Jane Goodall living with and studying wild chimps.
I remember thinking before I watched it of hearing how poachers killed her by putting a machete through her head, but not so, because Jane is alive and still kicking.
It was Diane Fossey the gorilla lady who was murdered with a machete, not Jane.
I always used to get Jane mixed up with the gorilla lady, Diane Fossey.
Looks like I'm not the only one who gets those ladies mixed up either, as Sarah Wilson in her book
'First, We Make the Beast Beautiful' wrote on page 163 of her book about a "Dian Fossey who lived with a tribe of chimps for several years", when Sarah was making a point about fringe dwellers, ODC and shamans.
Sarah's point was still valid I thought, but if Sarah watches the film 'Jane' she will find out those poor fringe dwellers got beaten to death by the core tribe of chimps.
Seems humans and chimps do have a lot in common after-all.
Not that I totally believe in the current theories of evolution, but I certainly don't believe in that old Garden of Eden myth, either.
I tend see myself as an agnostic when it comes to evolution and think there is an intelligent design mixed in with the primordial soup somewhere in there.
I find it amusing that Sigourney Weaver the 'Alien' lady plays Diane Fossey on the cinema screen;-)
The Invisible Gorilla in the Room, Plus Those Bigfeet?
I probably never would have watched 'Jane' if I hadn't been listening to the 'Wild Thing' podcast that Laura Krantz made where she talked about gorillas and evolution.
I'm still not into Bigfoot though and tend to be skeptical about sightings of Bigfoot, but who knows, and I hope they never catch it if it is true.
JUST A WORD OF WARNING, 'JANE' IS NOT A MOVIE FOR CHILDREN UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND THEM SEEING NATURE AS IT IS IN THE WILD AND I'M NOT REFERRING TO MONKEY SEX, I'M REFERRING TO LIONS KILLING AND RIPPING APART ZEBRAS.
There, now you've been warned.

UPDATE: November 16th, 2018
Indian woman killed by monkeys days after snatched baby dies

No comments:

Post a Comment